Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spice Rubbed Grilled Chicken

I was channel surfing this weekend and caught a rerun of a South Beach grilling special on the Food Network with Bobby Flay and a few other Food Network personalities.  His spice rubbed grilled chicken inspired this dish, and I threw in a sauteed orange bell pepper that looked lonely in the fridge.  The spice rub contains paprika, cumin and fresh ground mustard seed and fennel seed (had to break out my spice grinder for that).  The flavors were there, but I give myself a C+ on presentation.  Although I took the extra step of slicing the chicken on the bias, the plate needed some color to break up the orange, and I probably could have set the chicken on top of the peppers to give it some height.  Great cooking is all in the details.      

3 comments:

  1. I'm not great on presentation either but dude, you're being generous giving yourself a C+!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd let me buy more colorful plates (although I'm not hating on our white dinnerware) then maybe you'd get a higher grade on presentation. Ha!

    ReplyDelete