Sunday, June 10, 2012

Moscow Mule

I've had them before, but my bartender friend Brad made me a Moscow Mule the last time I saw him in Vegas, and the best part was the authentic copper mug it was served in.  This drink was invented in the 1940's in an attempt to market Smirnoff Vodka, and it was a big hit among the Hollywood crowd (long before the days of TMZ).  It's clean and refreshing, similar to a Vodka Collins.  The ingredients are: lime juice, 3-4 parts vodka to 1 part ginger beer, ice and a lime for garnish.  If you don't have an authentic copper mug, it should be served in a Collins glass.  However, I broke the rules and served mine in an Old Fashioned glass.

4 comments:

  1. I could have one of these every night this summer. It was surprisingly refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to try this...in about 4 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I plan on making this soon. Btw, did you know that this is Oprah's favorite summer drink? I guess you did...you know you love her, lol. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I plan on making this soon. Btw, did you know that this is Oprah's favorite summer drink? I guess you did...you know you love her, lol. Betty

    ReplyDelete