Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rigatoni with Chicken and Spinach

I was in the mood for something light yet hearty (yes, I know this sounds contradictory, but you'll see where I'm going), so I threw together this simple dish, which is a riff on Pasta Primavera.  Cubed chicken breast sauteed with garlic, olive oil, oregano and chopped spinach, with the rigatoni, fresh lemon juice, more olive oil and oven roasted tomatoes added at the very end.  The kicker in this dish is fresh lemon zest, which brightens the flavors and adds lightness.     

2 comments:

  1. I ate the leftovers for lunch and everyone loved the way it smelled. It was excellent! Thanks, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this does look good! i think the only thing i might have added might be cubed fresh mozzarella or bits of burrata or something like that. of course that would have made the dish no longer "light".

    ReplyDelete