Saturday, June 9, 2012

French Toast and Bacon Grand Slam Breakfast

Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day because I love eggs (cooked any and all ways, depending on my mood), and because I also associate it with a leisurely morning (I rarely get to enjoy it during the workweek).  Ok, I get that French Toast doesn't exactly have a high degree of difficulty, so it really comes down to the quality of the ingredients.  I like to use a thick white bread (the loaf I used here is from the Korean bakery) and also add some Mexican cinnamon to the beaten eggs before dipping the bread.  To make the bacon I lay it out on a sheet pan and throw it in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary on top -- cooking it in the oven is much lower maintenance; it eliminates stovetop grease splatter, and you don't have to turn it midway.  Finally, drizzle the syrup around the plate or have it on the side so it doesn't make the toast soggy.  Breakfast of champions!   

4 comments:

  1. Definite A on presentation! It looks so good, it makes me hungry for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+on presentation and taste. I consider itself very lucky, waking up to your amazing breakfasts every weekend. (But I still say you could've put strawberries on mine lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! ever try it with a bit of fresh squeezed orange juice in the egg batter? a friend made that for brunch a while back and it gave the french toast (of which i'm usually not a fan) a fresh new twist.

    ReplyDelete