Saturday, June 2, 2012

Persian Pizza

I was at the Blue Wave Car Wash in West L.A. when I decided to check out "Naan Hut," a nondescript Persian bakery across the street.  I told the guy at the counter that "I wanted to try some bread," and he looked down his nose and asked "what kind of bread?"  When I told him I wanted the house specialty, he replied "gagnat," so I gave him my $3 and was on my way.  I'd say it was a cross between naan and pita with roasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top.  Anyway, when I first tried it I thought it would make a great flatbread pizza, so when I got home I raided the fridge and pantry for: Avery's mozzarella string cheese, Trader Joe's marinara sauce, some salami Deborah brought home from her business trip, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, dried oregano, crushed red pepper and some olive oil.  Into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes and voila, Persian Pizza!

4 comments:

  1. Please make this again sometime. it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I think you should give yourself a grade on how it tasted!

    ReplyDelete