Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vietnamese Wings

I love a good Buffalo wing, but I get bored easily so I am always looking for variations on the classic.  These wings are inspired by Pok Pok, a Portland-based restaurant that put its famous Vietnamese fish sauce chicken wings on the menu after the owner had them while on vacation in Vietnam.  The marinade, which is my spin on the original recipe, is made with fish sauce, water, honey, minced garlic, soy sauce and sambal.  I then baked the wings in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes.  As you can see, they picked up some really nice color, and the Southeast Asian flavors -- spicy, sweet, salty -- really came through.

1 comment:

  1. dude I specifically remember telling you I thought they were a little spicy and you said, "WRONG!" You put sambal in there!

    ReplyDelete