Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spanish Chicken and Cannellini Ragout

Another hectic weeknight and no time to shop, so I went to the pantry for inspiration and found a can of Cannellini beans, which I paired with some leftover marinara sauce that I kicked up with some Spanish smoked paprika that I picked up over the weekend.  For my protein, I made a Spanish-style seared chicken breast with a spice rub made of more of the smoked paprika, cumin, ground fennel seed and salt.  As simple as it gets, but restaurant worthy.  The chicken was super juicy and tender, and the smokiness from the paprika in the rub and the beans was the star of the dish.

1 comment:

  1. this was a surprising little dish... I will always remember it as the meal where you asked A to let me eat and she very carefully gave her assent.

    ReplyDelete