Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Broiled Swordfish with Rustic Pea Puree

I wanted to take a break from salmon, and my Ralphs Fresh Fare had a good deal on swordfish.  I don't eat it often, since it isn't the most eco-friendly fish, and it is known to have high mercury levels, but it is a nice treat every once in a while because of its meaty texture.  I went with a very simple preparation of salt, pepper and thinly sliced lemon on top and broiled in the oven for about 15 minutes.  I also picked up some amazing peas from the farmer's market and boiled them for just a few minutes in chicken broth, pureed them in the pot with my handy immersion blender and then finished it off with some lemon juice for a hit of acid.  I left the peas a bit chunky for more of a rustic feel rather than going baby-food smooth.  The bright freshness of the peas worked well with the meatiness of the fish, and the lemon in both components brought everything together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment