Monday, November 12, 2012

Pappardelle with Italian Sausage and Squash

I'd like to think that my cooking instincts are pretty reliable, but I still get surprised from time to time.  I've made fresh pasta several times over the years, but I've always used all purpose flour rather than an Italian "00" flour, which is a finer grade flour, thinking that it did not make a noticeable difference in the final product.  Well, I was wrong.  The 00 flour was a revelation, as it yielded an infinitely more delicate, tender pasta.  I made a pappardelle with my trusty house-made Italian fennel sausage recipe (see Aug 16 post for details), diced Italian squash and some leftover marinara sauce.  This was absolutely a restaurant-quality dish.  The sausage was seasoned perfectly, and the pasta was the real deal.      

No comments:

Post a Comment