Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Shrimp and Polenta

Shrimp and grits is an all-time classic in the South, and I decided to take this dish in an Italian direction by substituting polenta for the grits (they're basically the same thing, but by calling it something else I can now say it's a fusion dish and charge you $23.99).  Anyway, I made the polenta by boiling some water and then stirring it in with some Parmesan cheese, milk and plenty of salt, and I sauteed the shrimp separately in a pan with salt, pepper and olive oil.  Finally, I heated up some leftover marinara sauce and then combined everything in separate layers with some scallion for garnish.  Not bad for a spontaneous weeknight dinner.  The polenta was nice and creamy, and the shrimp were cooked just about perfectly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment